Monday 5 May 2008

Spend Time in the Kitchen Cooking

Cooking is something that's I've not really been into much but am trying to rectify this. I'm getting really fed up of ready meals as they taste boring. The photos on the packets always look great but when I open up the packet and cook it, the result is totally different. It's stogy and uninteresting.

I remember years a go looking in the freezer and finding my mom's "healthy option" potatoes with creamy sauce. It was the blandest thing ever. I don't know why they don't just use more herbs and spices instead of using low fat cheese.

There are loads of healthy cookbooks that you can find. If you buy one that's second hand then you'll be able to sve a lot of money. Or at least you'll be able to buy many more books. There's loads of celeb cook books but I'm not sure they are really worth that much more than any other cook book. The signer Trisha Yearwood has even released her own cookbook which looks pretty unhealthy if you ask me.

One thing is for sure, if you have a horrible kitchen then you won't want to do any cooking. It might be that you need to look up some kitchen color ideas. A nice fresh coat of paint can really do wonders.

Of course, spending time in the kitchen might not be about cooking for you. You might actually consider kitchen cabinetry to be your new hobby. Well, maybe hobby is too strong a word but there are people who get a great amount of satisfaction from doing DIY.

No comments: